Nexia™ Home Intelligence Showcases the Most In-Demand Smart Home Products at 2015 International CES
Leading Home Automation Platform Unveils New, Connected Offerings Making Home Control Simple, Easy and More Reliable
Davidson, N.C., Jan. 6, 2015 – Nexia™ Home Intelligence, a pioneer in home automation and a brand of Ingersoll Rand, will showcase a collection of new, compatible smart home products at the 2015 International CES tradeshow. Nexia Home Intelligence will exhibit its existing and new products and services at booth 20315.
A smart home provider, Nexia has developed a robust line-up of compatible connected devices in conjunction with some of the most well-known consumer brands. The new products are designed to work together across the Nexia platform to offer subscribers simple, easy and reliable integration and increased functionality.
- Nexia support of the First Alert® 2-in-1, Z-Wave Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm, allowing homeowners to be alerted when smoke or carbon monoxide is detected in the home – even if they’re not there.
- Integration of the new Schlage® Wireless HD Indoor Camera, featuring high definition capability and enhanced nighttime visibility. This camera allows homeowners to stay in touch with what’s happening in their home, day or night.
- Nexia certification of the Linear® Z-Wave Siren and Strobe, a combination-warning device, designed to alert intruders to a security system presence. The sounder emits a loud 105 dB alert tone and the integrated strobe flashes brightly, giving homeowners added peace of mind.
- Full support of the Linear Z-Wave LED Light Bulb, a fully-dimmable, instant-on, screw-in light bulb that provides pleasant soft-white illumination equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb, but using much less energy. The bulb offers excellent value and convenience, with an estimated life of more than 22 years (based on three hours per day average usage).
- Nexia compatibility with new smart sensors and blinds from the nation’s leading door and window manufacturers Pella® and Andersen®. Pella’s Insynctive™ suite offers motorized shades and sensors. Andersen’s new Verilock® sensors are built directly into the window and through Nexia, not only can the user know if the window is open or closed, but also locked or unlocked.
“Nexia Home Intelligence continues to provide consumers access to the most innovative products and services that meet the needs of a wide range of today’s lifestyles. Our subscribers influence our innovation. We actively engage with them to weigh in on what offerings they’d like to see added to their home automation system,” said Kathryn Wildrick, brand manager for Nexia Home Intelligence. “We are selective about who we choose as our brand partners, giving Nexia customers the confidence of knowing that their smart home products are well-built and made from the most trusted brands.”
Continuing to build upon its position as a leader in the home automation category, Nexia will also preview features and offerings currently in development. Projects include a natural language voice control pilot with Vognition, designed to provide subscribers the ability to speak to their internet-connected device to control their home from anywhere in the world via the Nexia app. The brand is also developing Geo-Fencing capabilities that will launch during the second half of 2015. Using a subscriber’s phone GPS signal, Geo-Fencing allows homeowners to create triggers for their home automations with their mobile device. Finally, Nexia is planning to give consumers the ability to include audio control into their overall smart home system via integration of Sonos wireless audio systems.
The home automation leader will also feature its recently redesigned mobile apps, which provide subscribers with a more seamless user experience. Featuring a refreshed look and feel, the ability to create automations from mobile devices, new ways to organize, increased functionality and enhanced Push Notification options, the Android, iOS and WindowsPhone apps are benefitting all Nexia users. In addition, Nexia will feature its continued support for the Linear Garage Door Controller, which enables homeowners to operate their garages remotely to ensure improved safety and security. Since launching earlier this fall, Nexia subscribers have embraced this device, making it one of Nexia’s most successful products to date.
With these expanded smart home offerings, Nexia continues to help people simplify their lives by enabling smart home products to function seamlessly within a single app. Featuring devices from many leading household brands, including First Alert, Linear, Schlage and Trane®, Nexia is making the home of the future attainable by homeowners today.
If you plan to attend CES 2015 and would like to make an appointment for further details of new product launches, please contact Aaron Curtiss at email@example.com or 800.434.3381.
# # #
About Ingersoll Rand
Ingersoll Rand (NYSE:IR) advances the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King® and Trane®—work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a $12 billion global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.