Nexia Setup Guide for the American Standard AccuLink™ Platinum 950 Control
March 28, 2014
Before you begin… Make sure you have the following items before getting started:
- A valid email address
- Wi-Fi Connection
- A computer connected to the internet
Connect your AccuLink™ Platinum 950 to Your Wireless Network
Note: If you have previously connected your control to your wireless network, skip to the next section.
- On the AccuLink™ Platinum 950 control main screen, press the following sequence of buttons: Menu> Settings> Network>Wireless.
- Enable the wireless radio by pressing “Wireless ON/OFF”
- After the wireless radio is enabled, press the “Connect to a Network” button to choose from a list of available wireless networks and press “Connect.”
- Enter your network key and press “apply.” If successful, your screen will show the network to which it’s connected.
If you are not able to connect to your wireless network, consult page 18 of the American Standard User Guide for troubleshooting tips.
Complete Wireless Registration
Registration is required for Weather, Software Updates and Nexia™ Home Ingelligence integration
- From the Home screen of the AccuLink™ Platinum 950, press Menu, Settings, Network.
- In the Network Setup Screen, press the green “Register Now” button to begin registration. If instead you try to connect to Weather before you have registered, you will be prompted to register.
- After reading and accepting the License Agreement, enter your email address, press “apply” and then “Next.”
- An email containing a verification code will automatically be sent to the email address you entered.
- Enter the 5-digit verification code onto the AccuLink™ Platinum 950 screen. NOTE: This will only need to be done one time.
- After entering your verification code, your additional features will now be enabled and you will be shown a success message.
In the event your email address changes, you can update the email address with your new one. The process is similar to first-time registration.
Create a Nexia Home Intelligence Account and Prepare to Enroll
Note: If you already have a Nexia account, skip to the next section
- On a computer, visit MyNexia.com and click “Sign Up” to create a new account
- Already a Nexia user? Login to your account on a computer
- Select the Climate tab within the dashboard and then click “Add Device” at the top right corner. Then skip to step #3 below.
- Follow the online instructions, completing your personal, home and purchase information and arrive at a page titled “Choose Your Devices”
- Choose the “American Standard AccuLink™ Platinum 950 Control” from the Thermostats options and click “Continue”
- Read through the instructions carefully on the following page; there may be some extra steps here to ensure that your AccuLink™ Platinum 950 is updated with the latest software. Then, click “Continue” when ready to get started.
- Arrive at the Device Enrollment page, which will instruct you to return to your AccuLink™ Platinum 950 for next steps.
Enroll your AccuLink™ Platinum 950 on Nexia Home Intelligence
- Per the instructions on the Device Enrollment web page, on the AccuLink™ Platinum 950 control main screen, press Menu> Settings> Network, then arrive at the “Enroll in Nexia Home Intelligence” screen and click “Next.” Arrive at the Enter Verification screen.
- Enter the 5-digit verification code on the screen of the AccuLink™ Platinum 950 that you were given on your computer, press “Next;” also return to your computer and click “Start” on same page.
- You will see the web page loading as well as the enrollment loading on your AccuLink™ Platinum 950 screen. Note: this could take up for 5 minutes.
- When enrollment is complete, you will receive a success message on the AccuLink™ Platinum 950, then click “Done.” Also, see the Congratulations page on the web account where you have the opportunity to rename the AccuLink™ Platinum 950 before finishing.
- If you were given a promotion code, you may enter it on the next page, or click “I do not have a promotion code”
- The next page will explain your subscription plan and ask for your authorization. (Please note: If you are only enrolling a connected control and an appliance or dimmer module, you will automatically be placed into the HVAC Dealer Thermostat Monthly Plan, which is a free plan. You will not be asked to enter a credit card in this plan. If you are enrolling any additional products now or in the future, you will be shifted into the Standard Monthly Plan, which is a flat fee of $9.99 per month. You may enroll over 200 products on the same account for this same rate and there are no cancellation fees.)
- Once you check the authorization statement and click “Continue,” you will be directed to the dashboard of your account and your enrollment is complete!
Now that your American Standard AccuLink™ Platinum 950 control is enrolled, it will be displayed within the Climate page, found on the left side of the dashboard. It may take a minute or two to appear. If it does not, try refreshing the page using the browser’s refresh button.
For further help, call our Customer Support line at (877) 288-7707 or submit a help request through our website.
Enhance the way you use Nexia- Add Your Mobile Device to your Account and Set Up Customized Alerts
- From the dashboard page, click “Mobile Devices” in the My Mobile section. From here you can customize what each mobile device can control.
- To customize alerts that you can receive via text messaging or email, go to the My Alerts tab of the dashboard and then click “Add Contact” to customize your alerts.