Nexia's New Mobile Apps!
Tips & Tricks, Technology
August 22, 2014
Features of the New Apps
For details on the very latest update, see App Updates below
New Look and Feel.
The user interface is a more holistic view of your home and the connected products in it. Let us know what you think by sending in your feedback through the app.
Finally, you can create automations on your mobile device! You no longer need to login to your web portal to create or edit your automations.
A New Way to Organize. The new Groups tab allows you to group products that you choose all on one tab. Group by room, by function, or whatever you please. For more information about creating and using Groups on the web portal, see the Help Files.
More Exciting Stuff:
- Android users now have the option to receive Push Notifications instead of text message alerts. iPhone users currently enjoy this feature.
- Functionality for the Garage Door Controller. Did you leave and forget to close the garage? Now, close it from anywhere on your mobile app.
- Shared Lock Codes. Mobile users can now allow multiple locks to share the same code, a feature that was most recently only available through the web portal.
- Solar Management. Manage your solar production when you’re out and about while saving money on your utility bills!
- One button device enrollment. Connecting more products to your network is even easier and can be done directly from your mobile device
Minimum Versions Supported: Android 4.1.2, iOS 7.0.1, Windows 8.0 and 8.1
July 20, 2015: iOs and Android Update- Version 4.5
- GE Fan Control capability added
- AutomateME – Lights
- AutomateME – Locks
- Pella® Insynctive™ window covering group view and control
- Misc bug fixes
May 27, 2015: Version 4.4.1
- Additional bug fixes
May 26, 2015: Version 4.4.0
- Added HD recording video playback
- Performance updates and bug fixes
February 5, 2014: WindowsPhone Update- Version 4.3
- Updated to full parity with the iOS and Android updates released November 20th
November 20, 2014: iOS and Android Update- Version 4.2
We’ve made a number of improvements based on user feedback we’ve received over the last couple months. Here are some of the highlights:
- Redesigned device controls for a more consistent experience including an updated color palette that’s easier to understand
- Reorganized device settings and functions, such as lock user codes to make them easier to find and adjust
- Added a slider control to dimmer controls
- Added battery level status to signal that your locks batteries are low
- Improved the thermostat functionality for better ease of use
- Updated the lock and garage door controls to make accidental operation less likely
- Fixed a bug with video stream recording
October 13, 2014: iOS, Android and Windows Phone Update- Version 4.1.1
- Added support for Z-Wave smoke and carbon monoxide detectors (see compatible products list)
- Added Previous/Next page controls for Events and Videos
- Added account information and a password reset link in Settings
- Added options for contacting Nexia Support